We take great pride in developing our people and culture. We strive to create a dedicated, collegial environment of smart, driven and curious individuals.
- Extended time off – Under our augmented vacation program, employees are given an additional two consecutive weeks of time off upon reaching their five-year (and multiple of five year) anniversaries. Employees have used this time for travel, volunteerism, and general rest and rejuvenation.
- Snacks/lunches/happy hours – We provide social opportunities for employees across the company to get to know each other better and foster relationships through organized lunches, happy hours and other events. Healthy snacks and light-fare breakfast are available to New York and UK employees at all times.
- Gym reimbursement – We strongly believe that healthy employees are happy employees, and we see the value of exercise for physical and mental health. We provide reimbursements for gym memberships and other qualifying health-related physical initiatives.
- Child and elder care – We recognize many of our employees have children or elderly family members. As a result, we offer a U.S.-wide program that provides back-up, emergency care to help employees balance work and caregiving responsibilities.
- On-site medical center – As part of our investment in the health and wellbeing of our employees, we provide our New York employees with access to our on-site medical center run by Mount Sinai. The medical center can be used for wellness exams, illnesses and other non-life threatening emergencies.
The Wall Street Journal profiles our journey
"MarketAxess's growth reflects a broad shift in fixed-income markets."
A look at our new headquarters in glamorous Hudson Yards
"Currently, approximately 275 employees work out of the office, but it can hold roughly 450, suggesting MarketAxess has serious ambitions to grow."
Rick McVey sees crisis as an opportunity
Business success means keeping your cool and doing what it takes to survive a crisis. Just ask MarketAxess CEO Rick McVey.